MFI Restricted Sectors & Business Activities
There are a number of restricted sectors and/or Business Activities that MFI cannot support and these include:
- Any activity which is illegal under the laws of Ireland or international law
- The production of and trade in tobacco and distilled alcoholic beverages and related products
- The production of and trade in weapons and ammunition
- Casinos and equivalent gambling enterprises including internet gambling, online casinos etc.
- Sex trade and related infrastructure, services and media
- Activities which limit individual rights and freedoms or that violate human rights
- IT Sector Restrictions including R&D and applications supporting activities in restricted sectors
- Life Science Sector Restrictions including human cloning and Genetically Modified Organisms
- Activities involving live animals for experimental and scientific purposes
- Financial activities such as, inter alia, purchasing or trading in financial instruments
- Fossil fuel-based energy production and related activities including mining and exploration
- Energy-intensive and/or high CO2-emitting industries and sectors
- Investments in facilities for the disposal of waste in landfill
- Investments in mechanical biological treatment (MBT) plants
- Investments in incinerators for the treatment of waste
- Medical Cannabis and CBD oil related businesses
- Property Speculation and related activities including the funding of “Buy to Let” properties.
- Applications to fund the purchase of road freight transport vehicles by persons or companies performing road freight transport for hire or reward.
If you are uncertain as to whether your business falls within the restrictions outlined above please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 01 2601007