There are a number of restricted sectors that MFI cannot support and which includes:
- Casinos – Casinos and equivalent enterprises
- Illegal Economic Activities – this is a catch-all for any production, trade or activity, which is illegal under Irish or European law for such production, trade or activity
- IT Sector – Research, development or technical applications relating to electronic data programs or solutions, which:
(i) aim specifically at:
(a) supporting any activity included in the Restricted Sectors referred to under 1. to 4. (inclusive) above;
(b) internet gambling and online casinos; or
(c) pornography, or which:
(ii) are intended to enable to illegally: (a) enter into electronic data networks; or (b) download electronic data
- Life Science Restrictions – Providing support to the financing of the research, development or technical applications relating to:
(i) human cloning for research or therapeutic purposes; and
(ii) Genetically Modified Organisms (“GMOs”)
- Production of and Trade in Weapons and Ammunition – The financing of the production of and trade in weapons and ammunition of any kind
- Tobacco and Distilled Alcoholic Beverages – The production of and trade in tobacco and distilled alcoholic beverages and related products. Businesses involved in beer production are also excluded at this time.
- However, this restriction does not apply to businesses such as retail outlets (shops, supermarkets, restaurants, public houses and off-licences) which sell tobacco and / or alcohol as part of their wider product range.
If you are unsure as to whether or not you and/or your business is eligible, please contact our office.