There are a number of restricted sectors that MFI cannot support and which includes:
- Casinos – Casinos and equivalent enterprises
- Illegal Economic Activities – this is a catch-all for any production, trade or activity, which is illegal under Irish or European law for such production, trade or activity
- IT Sector – Research, development or technical applications relating to electronic data programs or solutions, which:
(i) aim specifically at:
(a) supporting any activity included in the Restricted Sectors referred to under 1. to 4. (inclusive) above;
(b) internet gambling and online casinos; or
(c) pornography, or which:
(ii) are intended to enable to illegally: (a) enter into electronic data networks; or (b) download electronic data
- Life Science Restrictions – Providing support to the financing of the research, development or technical applications relating to:
(i) human cloning for research or therapeutic purposes; and
(ii) Genetically Modified Organisms (“GMOs”)
- Production of and Trade in Weapons and Ammunition – The financing of the production of and trade in weapons and ammunition of any kind
- Tobacco – The production of and trade in tobacco and related products.
- However, this restriction does not apply to businesses such as retail outlets (shops, supermarkets, etc) which sell tobacco as part of their wider product range.
MFI cannot support businesses to fund early-stage research and development, debt restructuring (e.g Banks, Other Lenders, Revenue etc) or short-term bridging finance
If you are unsure as to whether or not you and/or your business is eligible, please contact our office.